- Natural materials: wood, stone, minerals, geology
- Cliff, shore, quarry: marble, fossils, ammonites, shells, oil, ore, copper
- Architecture, ancient cathedrals, churches, great houses, simple dwellings
- Plain structures and ornate decoration: columns, capitals, walls, floors, terrazzo, mosaics
- Rich and exquisite or crude and utilitarian
- Beautiful and versatile. Many forms and species: textures, patterns, colours, seasons
- Fine trees, inspire! Young and old. For habitats, structures, furnishing, decorating
Good as sources for textile art?
- Yes! Inspirational! Markings, colours, textures
- Interpretation: Surface manipulations: gathering, shibori, quilting, dyeing
- Fashion Design
- See Audrey Walker’s embroidery: ‘Monarchy’! Life changing!
- Goldsmiths College of Art. Graduation. Studio: Dorset.
- Assist creation of Dorset Craft Guilds Centre ‘Walford Mill’. Director for 5 years.
- Scotland. Embryo. Edge. New friends!